Wednesday, May 17, 2006,9:50 PM
The Power Of Prayer
This afternoon I was laying on a stretcher waiting for my surgery. It was supposed to start at 1:00 and it was 3:30.
Early, I had a CT scan to compare it with the one I had last week, so small amounts of my hair had been cut off to allow the nurse to put some rubber buttons everywhere for guidelines for the work.
I had thought (for a small moment) what it would be if the CT showed that the problem was gone, but a woman came in to "put me to sleep" and I knew that was it.
Before she gave me the shot, though, my doctor arrived and showed me the difference between last week's scan and today's -- all of the excess spinal fluid was gone! They didn't look like they were from the same person!
He thinks their was blockage in the tube and somehow it had worked out. I knew that I had felt much better the last few days, but I had no idea why.
He told me to get dressed and leave and come see him in two weeks and took me off the medicine. Not many people, I bet, get to walk out of that room!
Thank you all who prayed, because I'm convinced that it had a big part in this.
If my grammar is horrible, it's due to the fact that I'm dead tired and need sleep --- besides, I need to go to work tomorrow! :)
 
posted by J. Andrew Lockhart
Permalink ¤